Estoril and its spectacular coastline are a must-see destination for any visitor to Portugal, and even more if you dream of a beach wedding or a wedding by the sea. Flanked on two sides by the Atlantic Ocean, the region is located just 25 km from Lisbon and its international airport, stretching west in a rectangle from Carcavelos to Guincho Beach. Nearby stands the imposing Cabo da Roca, mainland Europe’s most westerly point.
With its mild year-round climate, the Portuguese Riviera (as the region is sometimes known) offers a surprising variety of landscapes and attractions, combining a wide range of possibilities in one very unique destination. From pure leisure to business, golf, sun, sea and water sports, the Estoril Coast simply has it all and offers a new definition of the concepts of eco- and activity-based tourism.
Estoril Coast Tourism Board
Avenida Clotilde, Edifício Centro de Congressos, 3ºA
2765-211- Estoril - Portugal
Tel: +351 21 464 36 63
1. The truth is that wherever you want to go, you’ll get there quickly in the Estoril Coast – whether it’s the beach or the countryside, a rustic village or a cosmopolitan town centre.
2. There’s a wide selection of hotels, restaurants, bars and attractions available - most notably Estoril Casino, the largest in Europe, with its busy programme of concerts and cultural activities.
3. The region offers a perfect mix of relaxation, sport and opportunities for business meetings.
4. Estoril has positioned itself as a leader of modern tourism, having pioneered the development of a responsible and ecologically sustainable model, in keeping with the growing awareness of companies and institutions.
5. The region is also popular for its excellent natural conditions and facilities for all types of sport, from the most extreme such as paragliding, delta wing gliding, rock climbing, mountain biking, surfing and windsurfing, to the more traditional kind of sport like horse riding, polo, tennis, all kinds of sailing and motorised water sports and motor racing.
6. Estoril has 7 golf courses considered among the very best in Europe, all set in prime locations with the most modern facilities and infra-structure.
7. It is rare to find, anywhere in the world, a natural park so close to a capital city. The Sintra Cascais Natural Park has managed to preserve everything in this westernmost part of Continental Europe.
8. Estoril has it all for the lovers of luxury and designer style. The 5 star Grand Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa (the erstwhile residence of King Umberto II of Italy) or the new 5 star The Oitavos Hotel (combines ultra modern design with an untouched natural location within the the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park), among many others are the perfect choice for a romantic retreat inspired by the timeless beauty of the Atlantic coast.
9. Beauty lovers will be enchanted by Sintra’s romantic Palaces. Exuberant gardens, Exotic appearances together with the combination of different styles give these palaces a unique sense of history that led to the classification of Sintra as World Heritage Site by Unesco.
10. It’s true to say that Estoril’s main strengths lie, fundamentally, in the rich combination of its natural characteristics, high-quality facilities, cultural diversity and professional services. In few words: One place with a thousand sensations!